People who have travelled independently will agree that travelling by yourself is a religious experience. Honestly speaking, travelling by yourself is a treat! You get to explore, rest, eat, shop at your pace and time without following or adjusting or compromising with others. Travelling alone gives you a chance to indulge yourself fully. However it has its own disadvantages, like loneliness, safety etc.
But! im not here to scare you! (Boo!) If you are planning to travel on your own then switch on your “light bulbs” As with little preparations and common sense you can have a treasurable experience!
So why travel alone? Well when you travel alone you are your own boss, your mistakes or laziness doesnt effect your friends, you can plan the trip as you like which means now you dont have to go to a certain place which doesnt excite you just because your other family members want to go…
Tips for going solo:
- Safety First! Since you dont have anyone to watch your back, you have to be a little more responsible.
- Carry your identification with you at all times.
- “When in Rome do as the Romans do” Learn the language, culture etc.
- Carry a small backpack and buy some necessities from the local stores.
- Keep to open and public places, especially at night. Dont stroll in the dark alleys and get raped or robbed!
- Check your maps and transportation schedule carefully.
- Its OK to meet and greet new people but Dont let others hold your stuff (money or passport)
- If you dont mind sharing, then go hostels which charger per bed rather than per room
For more info, click this link ~~~~~~> http://www.wikihow.com/Travel-Overseas-by-Oneself
Pack your bags! Have a safe trip! Bon Voyage!
Source: Experience and Common sense and Google
Researching in progress. Stay tuned!